If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I just down-sized my makeup collection. During my makeup declutter session, I came to the realization that I need to stop buying drugstore makeup because I never reach for my drugstore makeup over my high-end products. However, I did end up keeping some of my drugstore makeup… so I thought it might be interesting to show you which items made the cut.
I do want to admit that A LOT of these products STILL haven’t been used recently. So, if I have just listed the item and not written any comments – that means that I kept it but still haven’t reached for it very often.
- NYX Angel Veil Primer – I like this primer for when my skin is a little dry (i.e. Winter) and I don’t need a super mattifying primer. This primer is very similar to the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer and does a great job of smoothing out your face and prepping it for foundation. I would recommend buying this if you’ve wanted to try the Hourglass Mineral Veil but don’t want to spend the money.
- Nivea Men’s Post Shave Balm – THANK YOU Nikkie Tutorials for discovering this magical product. If you don’t mind smelling like a man, this is actually an incredible primer.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation – I love this foundation. There was a time when I was reaching for this over almost all of my high end foundations. I would absolutely repurchase this foundation. It is a must if you have oily skin.
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation – I really liked this until I discovered the L’Oreal Infallible Foundation. This one is still good, but I never reach for it now that I have the L’Oreal one.
- Garnier BB Cream – I never reach for this. I either wear no makeup or a full face of makeup. However, I don’t own any other BB creams so I felt that I should keep this one in my collection in case I do start to use BB creams. It is really pretty on the skin and the one I bought is for oily and combination skin.
- Revlon Stay Matte Powder – this powder actually does a very good job of keeping me matte, but the packaging is so cheap.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – I love this concealer. I actually prefer it over the Nars Concealer. I haven’t reached for this one as much now that I have discovered the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer but I would highly recommend buying this product.
- Milani Luminoso and Rose D’Oro – these blushes are gorgeous. They have a slight sheen so I would say that they are comparable to the Hourglass blushes. I have a very large blush collection so these don’t get a ton of use but I do actually reach for these.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational – I love this mascara, in fact, it might be my favorite of all time. It is definitely in my top 5. Once I finish trying a bunch of high-end mascara, I have a feeling that I will repurchase this one over and over. It is just as good as any high end mascara and I think that mascara is a good product to save money on.
- I also have a few unopened mascaras that I am going to try: Maybelline the Falsies, L’Oreal Miss Manga Rock, L’Oreal Miss Manga, and L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte Eyeshadow Palette – This palette is very good for a drugstore palette. I really really don’t need this palette because the shades are very similar to all of the MAC and Makeup Geek eyeshadows that I own (which is why I was drawn to it) but I just couldn’t part with it because the quality is very good.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Bronzed Taupe, Iced Latte, and Amber Rush
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil – these are ok, they feel a little hard. I don’t like them as much as my Anastasia Brow Wiz but these are a lot cheaper. I really want to try the L’Oreal eyebrow pencils instead of these.
- LA Girl Gel Liner in Dark Brown
- L’Oreal The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Pixie Endless Silky Eye Pencil in Black
- L’Oreal Pencil Perfect Self Advancing Eyeliner in Espresso
- Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last Eyeliner Pencil in Espresso Last
- Revlon Balm Stain in Honey – this is one of the drugstore products that I actually wear all the time. If you don’t have this – I would buy it! It is great to keep in your purse because it is easy to apply and looks great with every makeup look.
- Pixi Mattelustre Lipstick in Honey Bare and Rose Naturelle – I love these, especially Honey Bare. Honey Bare is another product that I use all of the time and usually lives in my purse.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée and Tiramisu – these are great!
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops
- NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Flutter Kiss
- L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Unending Kiss
- Maybelline Lipsticks (my favorite drugstore lipstick formula by far) in Born With It, Warm Me Up and Touch of Spice.
- L’Oreal Infallible Setting Spray – this does an ok job but it’s not THAT much cheaper than my high end setting sprays so I do not plan on repurchasing it.
What are your favorite drugstore products? I really want to try the Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer and the L’Oreal eyebrow products.